- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (e.g. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
Students must complete a total of 30 credit units, including the following:
- 12 credit units of core courses: ENVS 806.3, ENVS 807.3, ENVS 808.3, and ENVS 805.3
- 12 credit units of electives (as approved by the faculty advisor)
- a seminar series in Environment and Sustainability, ENVS 990.0
- project in Environment and Sustainability, ENVS 992.6