Over the course of two summer terms, students will complete a comprehensive graduate level accounting program that acts as a proven alternative route for students who are seeking the CPA designation in Canada. We are proud to have a strong history of first time pass rates from our MPAcc graduates on the Common Final Evaluation (CFE). The program also gives students an opportunity to develop an appreciation for the academic research process and academe as a career choice.
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent)in the last two years of study (ie. 60 credit units)
- a four-year degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university
- adequate preparation in Canadian Accounting principles as demonstrated by successful completion of the appropriate university level prerequisite courses as designated by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants for entrance into their Professional Education Program.
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- a residency requirement of 8 months
38 credit units, including:
- MPAC 831.3
- MPAC 833.4
- MPAC 835.3
- MPAC 837.3
- MPAC 839.3
- MPAC 851.4
- MPAC 853.3
- MPAC 855.3
- MPAC 858.3
- MPAC 891.3
- MPAC 892.3
- MPAC 992.3