- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- Master's degree, or equivalent, from a recognized university in a relevant academic discipline
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. coursework required in Master's program)
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 996 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
A minimum of 21 credit units, including the following:
- AREC 990.0
- AREC 996.0
- complete 3 credit units of Macroeconomics
- complete 6 credit units chosen based on the student's area of specialization. These courses must be approved by the student's advisory committee and the College of Graduate Studies and Research. Courses may be taken outside the Department, but in an area related to the area of specialization.
- complete 6 credit units of Econometrics
- complete 6 credit units of Microeconomics
- comprehensive examination
- qualifying examination