- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 994 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- ANSC 990.0
- ANSC 994.0
- a minimum of 9 credit units at the 800-level
- no specified residence requirement
- thesis defense
Note: the advisory committee may recommend additional courses.
Work-Integrated Learning Concentration
Students may choose to pursue a concentration in a professional work experience setting, while continuing work toward their thesis. Students must maintain continuous registration in the 994/996 course and complete the following course:
- AGRC 800.0