- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year or honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students in the project-based Master of Arts (M.A.) in Anthropology will earn a concentration in Practicing Anthropology. Students must maintain continuous registration in ANTH 992.6.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
A minimum of 24 credit units including:
- ANTH 802.3
- ANTH 804.3
- ANTH 806.3
- ANTH 808.3
- ANTH 990.0
- ANTH 992.6
- complete 6 credit units electives, as approved by the advisory committee