- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English. Requirements are as follows: a minimum TOEFL score of 94, with no minimum score below 20; or a minimum IELTS score of 7.0, with no minimum score below 6.5.
- A cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (e.g. 60 credit units)
- A four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- Additional selection criteria includes a statement of research interest; a resume; and three letters of reference.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 994 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
A minimum of 12 credit units, including the following:
- CMPT 990.0
- CMPT 994.0