- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- Master's degree, or equivalent, from a recognized university in a relevant academic discipline
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. coursework required in Master's program)
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 996 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- APMC 990.0
- APMC 996.0
- a minimum of 3 credit units at the 800-level
- additional courses, if recommended by the student's Advisory Council
- comprehensive examination
- qualifying examination
- thesis defense