- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- A minimum overall TOEFL score of 90 is required with a minimum score of 20 in each area, or a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum score of 6.5 in each area, or another approved test as outlined in the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies.
- Acumulative weighted average of at least a 75% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units). (Students with a lower average may be accepted under exceptional circumstances).
- A four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 994 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- BMIS 990.0
- BMIS 994.0
- a minimum of 9 credit units at the 800-level
- thesis defense