- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- A minimum overall TOEFL score of 90 is required with a minimum score of 20 in each area, or a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum score of 6.5 in each area, or another approved test as outlined in the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies.
- A Master’s degree, or equivalent, from a recognized university in a relevant academic discipline
- A cumulative weighted average of at least a 80% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. coursework required in Master’s program)
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 996 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- A minimum of 9 credit units at the 800-level including any such courses taken at the M.Sc. level.
- BMIS 990.0
- BMIS 996.0
- comprehensive examination
- qualifying examinations
- thesis defense
Note: the advisory committee may recommend courses to address specific deficiencies of the student and/or to complement the research program.