- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 80% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 996 course.
- At least 9 credit units of course work at the graduate level must be successfully completed in the first year of the program.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- Within the first year of the program, successfully complete a Ph.D. Qualifying Examination that is at least as rigorous as the defence for a Master’s thesis in the program area.
- comprehensive examination
A minimum of 15 credit units, including the following:
- PSIA 851.3
- PSIA 990.0
- PSIA 996.0