- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- Master's degree, or equivalent, from a recognized university in a relevant academic discipline
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. coursework required in Master's program)
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in BIOL 996, and register in BIOL 990 during regular session.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- BIOL 990.0
- BIOL 996.0
- a minimum of 9 credit units of 800-level courses, including any such courses taken at the M.Sc. level
- additional courses, if recommended by the student's Advisory Committee
- comprehensive examination
- qualifying examination
- thesis defence