- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a Master's degree, or equivalent, from a recognized university in a relevant academic discipline to the proposed field of study
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (e.g. 60 credit units)
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Before registering in any of the following courses, students are advised to contact the head of the department for a list and timetable of courses to be offered in the current academic year. Students must maintain continuous registration in the 996 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- CHE 990.0 as appropriate
- CHE 996.0 as appropriate
- a minimum of 6 credit units
- comprehensive exam
- qualifying exam