- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 994 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
A minimum of 9 credit units, including the following:
- CHEM 801.6 (Normally required for all students. Alternate coursework may be assigned for students having satisfied the CHEM 801.6 learning objectives as determined by the department.)
- CHEM 990.0
- CHEM 991.0
- CHEM 994.0
- oral thesis defense