- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English. Requirements are as follows: a minimum TOEFL score of 94 (no score below 20); or a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 (no score below 6.5); or a minimum DuoLingo score of 120 (no score lower than 115).
- Master's degree, or equivalent, from a recognized university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of full-time study (e.g. 60 credit units)
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 996 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- CMPT 990.0
- CMPT 996.0
- a minimum of 6 credit units
- comprehensive examination
- qualifying examination