- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English. A minimum overall TOEFL score of 86 is required with a minimum score of 20 in each area, or a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum score of 6.0 in each area, or another approved test as outlined in the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies.
- a four-year degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a current resume that includes background and relevant employment history
- a letter of intent
- three letters of reference
Certificate Requirements (9 credit units)
The certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program and/or the courses can be applied to the completion of the Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.). Courses completed for one Graduate Certificate may not be used toward another certificate. This program is also offered online. Please visit grad.usask.ca for details.
The certificate program consists of one required three credit unit course, JSGS 805 Economics for Public Policy Analysis, and two electives (6 credit units), as follows:
- JSGS 805.3; or
- JSGS 862.3
6 credit units from the following:
- JSGS 803.3
- JSGS 805.3
- JSGS 806.3
- JSGS 807.3
- JSGS 820.3
- JSGS 821.3
- JSGS 837.3
- JSGS 862.3
- JSGS 865.3
- Or another equivalent economic analysis course as recommended and approved by the Graduate Chair.