- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Submission of the GRE is recommended for all applicants. Applicants who have not earned a degree from Canada or the USA are required to submit a GRE.
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- a minimum 70% average (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (e.g. 60 credit units)including courses in Advanced Micro and Macro Economic Theory, Econometrics, and Mathematical Economics
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 992 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- ECON 990.0
- ECON 992.0
- and 9 additional credit units
A minimum of 15 credit units, including the following: