- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- a minimum 65% average (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (e.g. 60 credit units) including courses in Advanced Micro and Macro Economic Theory, Econometrics, and Mathematical Economics
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- a minimum of 30 credit units, at least 18 of which are at the 800-level in the same field of study.