- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a completed on-line application, the application fee, and all supporting application documents; application requirements, instructions and deadlines can be found on the department website.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (e.g. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree in English, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in ENG 994.0.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- ENG 990.0
- ENG 994.0
- complete thesis and successful oral defence
- language requirement
Minimum of 15 credit units of course work:
- ENG 801.3
- a minimum of 12 additional credit units at 800-level