- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- Master's degree, or equivalent, from a recognized university in a relevant academic discipline
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. coursework required in Master's program)
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 996 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
Students must complete a total of 6 credit units of course work (as approved by the advisory committee):
- ENVS 809.3
- ENVS 990.0
- ENVS 996.0
- comprehensive examination within 24 months of their first registration
- minimum 3 credit units of electives
- qualifying examination within four months of their first registration
- students who have not previously taken an interdisciplinary master's degree are recommended to take ENVS 801.3 or ENVS 802.3