- Evidence of previous research experience
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- Master's degree, or equivalent, from a recognized university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 75% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of full-time study (i.e. coursework required for a Master's program)
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 996 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
A minimum of 15 credit units coursework, including the following:
- 3 credit units from electives appropriate to student's research
- 6 credit units from epidemiology-specific elective courses
- PUBH 842.3
- PUBH 846.3
- PUBH 990.0
- PUBH 996.0
- comprehensive examination after course work is completed
- thesis defence