- A cumulative weighted average of 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of full-time study (e.g. 60 credit units)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.), or equivalent, from a recognized college or university, contingent on acceptance by the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- Proof of English proficiency for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 992 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
A minimum of 30 credit units, including the following:
- 3 credit unit elective, as approved by the advisory committee
- PUBH 809.3
- VLAC 808.3
- VLAC 809.9
- VLAC 810.9
- VLAC 812.2
- VLAC 813.1
- VLAC 990.0
- VLAC 992.0
Students must also complete the following:
- Safety Orientation for Employees