- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a completed on-line application, the application fee and all supporting application documents
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (e.g. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
See the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultural Studies website for application and deadline details.
Students must maintain continuous registration in FREN 994. Courses, essays, thesis, and defence are in French.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- FREN 994.0
- a minimum of 15 credit units chosen in consultation with the department, not including any undergraduate courses taken to satisfy course prerequisites
- complete thesis and successful oral thesis defence