- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 994 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- A minimum of 9 credit units chosen in consultation with the advisory committee and approved by the graduate chair.
- HSC 990.0
- HSC 994.0
- If a student does not have previous biostatistics training, it is strongly recommended that a course be assigned in this area (such as CHEP 805.3) within or beyond the minimum credit units required.
- M.Sc. thesis defense