- D.V.M. or equivalent from a recognized college or university
- Eligibility for restricted, educational SVMA licensure to practice veterinary medicine in Saskatchewan.
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- completion of an internship program at an accredited institution or a least one-year equivalent of experience in veterinary practice
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 992 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- VLAC 990.0
- VLAC 992.0
A minimum of 30 credit units:
- 12 credit units pertaining to clinical competency, as approved by the advisory committee
- 18 credit units pertaining to research and discipline-specific, foundational knowledge, as approved by the advisory committee