This is a thesis-based program.
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a completed on-line application, the application fee and all supporting application documents
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
See department website for application and deadline details.
Students must maintain continuous registration in MUS 994.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
A minimum of 15 credit units, including the following:
- 3 credit units from MUS 853.3 or MUS 854.3
- 3 credit units from MUS 822.3, MUS 845.3, MUS 851.3, or MUS 855.3
- 6 credit units from MUS 821.3, , MUS 853.3, or MUS 854.3, or MUS 898.3
- MUS 811.3 (with permission), or an alternate approved course
- MUS 994.0
- MUS 990.0
- completion of a comprehensive examination
- participation in professional activities