- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a completed on-line application, the application fee and all supporting application documents
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year Bachelor of Music degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Selection criteria will also include:
- Two-page (maximum) letter detailing the specific reasons for pursuing graduate study and outlining a music education philosophy.
- C.V. Typically, it would be expected that the CV would demonstrate a minimum of two years of successful teaching experience or equivalent professional involvement in music education.
- Three letters of reference.
Students must maintain continuous registration in EMUS 994.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0
- GPS 962.0
- MUS 990.0
- EMUS 994.0
A minimum of 15 credits units, including the following:
- 9 credit units in Music Education to be selected from:
- EMUS 838.3
- EMUS 841.3
- EMUS 848.3
- EMUS 860.3
- EMUS 890.3
- 6 credit units of electives approved by the student's Advisory Committee. Examples of elective options might include:
- MUS 822.3
- MUS 828.3
- MUS 833.3
- MUS 838.3
- MUS 845.3
- MUS 851.3
- MUS 853.3
- MUS 854.3
- MUS 855.3
- MUS 863.3