- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a bachelor's degree in Nursing, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- current registration as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse in a Canadian province or territory
- the equivalent of three credit units in each of Statistics and Research Methods at the undergraduate level
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 994 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
a minimum of 15 credit units, including:
- 3 credit unit 800-level Statistics, typically NURS 818.3, PUBH 805.3, ERES 840.3, KIN 808.3, CHEP 805.3, CHEP 806.3, STAT 845.3, PSY 805.3
- 3 credit unit of electives
- NURS 891.3
- NURS 892.3
- NURS 893.3
- NURS 990.0
- NURS 994.0
Please note that students receiving a grade less than 60% in any two courses within a graduate program in the College of Nursing will be recommended to be required to discontinue by the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.