- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a completed on-line application, the application fee and all supporting application documents
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
See department website for application and deadline details.
Students must maintain continuous registration in a credit course or tuition-bearing maintenance of status.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- PHIL 990.0
- a minimum of 30 credit units at the 800-level (6 credit units of which can be senior level undergraduate courses, with department approval)