- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, from a recognized university in a relevant academic discipline
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. coursework required in Master’s program)
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 996 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- SLSC 825.3 or SLSC 850.1
- SLSC 990.0
- SLSC 996.0
- a minimum 5 credit units of electives
- comprehensive examination
- qualifying examination
Work-Integrated Learning Concentration
Students may choose to pursue a concentration in a professional work experience setting, while continuing work toward their thesis. Students must maintain continuous registration in the 994/996 course and complete the following course:
- AGRC 800.0