- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- A master’s degree, or equivalent, from a recognized university in Statistics or an academic discipline relevant to Statistics. Under no circumstances may a prospective student holding only a bachelor’s degree be admitted directly into a PhD program.
- A cumulative weighted average of at least 70% (USask grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e., coursework required in master's program).
Students must maintain continuous registration in STAT 996.
- 9 credit units of course work at the 800-level
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- STAT 990.0
- STAT 996.0
- comprehensive Examination
- qualifying exams to demonstrate knowledge in Statistics.
- successful thesis defence