- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- Master's degree, or equivalent, from a recognized university in a relevant academic discipline
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e.e coursework required in Master's program)
For more information on language proficiency requirements, see the College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Academic Policies for more information.
Students must maintain continuous registration in the 996 course.
- GPS 960.0
- GPS 961.0, if research involves human subjects
- GPS 962.0, if research involves animal subjects
- a comprehensive exam within 16 months of admission
- students must conduct a needs assessment in the first 4 months
- students must have an approved research proposal within 16 months of admission
A minimum of 6 credit units of graduate course work, including the following:
- GEOG 803.3. If the student has completed GEOG 803.3 or an equivalent course then another course must be substituted.
- GEOG 990.0
- GEOG 996.0